Summarized why the job exists and the contribution it makes to the overall business of the company
Manage the Patent Support Group and provide patent related services to **.
2. Duties & Responsibilities
Please group the job duties into major areas of responsibilities beginning with the most important responsibilities.
1. Leads the Patent Support Group in Xi’an. Under the direction of ** Law Department, the Patent Support Group supports **’s activities in China by:
· Drafting Chinese utility model and design patent applications.
· Performing patent searches for China-based business units and R&D centers, invalidity, and landscape searched.
· Supports the ** Patent Search Group in Manila by carrying our searches of databases in Chinese.
· Secures translations of patent applications from English into Chinese for filling in China, and from Chinese into English for business unit’s research.
2. Oversees the preparation and ensures the quality of patent search reports provided to ** business units.
3. Supervises the drafting and ensures the quality of Chinese utility model and design patent applications prepared for ** business units.
4. Coordinates global searched with the ** Patent Search Group (Manila).
5. In collaboration with the Corporate Law Department, sets goals and objectives for the Patent Support Group and measures progress of the group.
6. Provides Corporate Law Department with reports regarding the status of activities of Patent Support Group and progress towards performance goals set in collaboration with the Corporate Law Department.
3. Qualifications and Experience
Describe the level of education, professional qualification, training, experience, people management skill, which are the minimum requirement for effective performance in this job.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Science.
· MS Degree advantage.
2. Experience (minimum required)
· Experience in the patent field, especially patent preparation and searching.
· Experience in technical writing preferred.
· Experience in project leadership preferred.
· At least 5 years related experience.
· In depth knowledge of new product development, design and process engineering is preferred
· Fluent written and working oral English.